Tuesday, November 23, 2004

About Me



I am a poet, and my poetry and criticism has been published all over the place for more than 20 years. You can find information on some of my books over on the right hand side of the screen. (Click and travel.)

In those more than 20 years I have read at places including the Aldeburgh Poetry Festival, The Morden Tower, and St. Mark’s in New York City. I’ve also run so many writing workshops and classes my head spins when I think about it.

What’s more, for a long time I edited the poetry magazine joe soap’s canoe. There are people out there in poetry world who think this was a great magazine, and I’m not going to be the one to contradict them.

These days one of the things I do is run a website, Exultations and Difficulties, which you may have been to en route to here. If not, please pay it a call. It’s a blog which is something of a magazine, in that I publish poems, reviews and other kinds of things by people I like, as well as posting more traditional blog-type things. It’s as close to running a magazine as I want to get at the moment, and it’s good, I think.